When you’ve got erectile dysfunction, you feel like you’re powerless to do anything about it, and you can’t really talk to anyone about it.
But if you don’t address the problem, no one else is going to take care of it for you. For most people, erectile dysfunction doesn’t need to be permanent, or even a serious problem, if you just take the time to address it head-on, and make some changes.
If you take the time to learn what causes erectile dysfunction, and what you can do to stop it, you’re already most of the way there. In most cases, the use of Viagra / Sildenafil will clear up your problem right away. However, before you decide to use it, you should first understand the cause of erectile dysfunction.
What Causes Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction has more than one cause, and may even be a combination of causes. Some of the more common causes include:
- Anxiety & Stress – For some, stress at work or home, can get in the way of health, and for them sex just isn’t as enjoyable as it should be. When you’re stressed, depressed, anxious or tired, it can cause erectile dysfunction, according to a 2012 study by the Mayo clinic. The ironic thing is, sex is often a stress reliever, but if you’re suffering from erectile dysfunction it can be difficult to get to that point.
- Relationship Problems - Stress in your relationship can also contribute to erectile dysfunction. Every relationship has their share of problems and stress, and sometimes those feeling can make their way into the bedroom, leading to more problems.
- Bad Habits – Lots of environmental factors can contribute to erectile dysfunction as well – things like smoking (and tobacco use un general), heavy drinking, other substance abuse, and too much caffeine, all cause blood vessels to constrict, cutting off the flow of blood when and where you need it most. Remember, erections are the result of blood flow into the penis. No blood flow, no erection.
- Being Overweight – A common cause of erectile dysfunction is obesity. And that’s not all – high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes are all tied to obesity, and all of them can negatively affect sexual performance.
- Other factors - Erectile dysfunction can also be caused by other physical problems, including:
- metabolic syndrome
- low testosterone levels
- Parkinson’s disease
- clogged blood vessels (arteriosclerosis)
- multiple sclerosis
- Recent surgeries or injuries
If you need really detailed inormation on erectile dysfunction - you might try the NHS resources here
What to do About Erectile Dysfunction
Depending on what the causes of your erectile dysfunction are, there are a range of options available to treat it. Some of it may involve eliminating bad habits and getting your health and fitness on track, and some may involve more advanced treatments.
By far, the most common treatment is oral medication. And out of those, the most common brand is Viagra, which has also been shown by the National Institutes of Health to be the most effective. Viagra is the brand name for Sildenafil, which is the actual/technical name for the drug (similar in concept to drugs like Tylenol, which is just the brand name for Ibuprofen).
Viagra works by relaxing the muscle tissues around the penis, allowing for increased blood flow in that area. When combined with sexual stimulation, this is what produces erections.
Viagra / Sildenafil is available either through a regular pharmacy or via an online pharmacy like easyrx.com. Using an online pharmacy allows you to get your medications at a discount, and have them delivered straight to your location. Also, if you live in the UK, you can purchase you the generic form of your Viagra, Sildenafil, at a substantial discount.